A laptop adapter is redundant only as long as the battery percentage is greater than 10 percent. And with software and games requiring heavy graphics or prolonged use, saving battery power is quite a struggle. So, let us not forget the utility of a Laptop AC Adapter- that, like all other precious things, must be chosen with care. For this, certain things need to be kept in mind.
The market is loaded with top-notch laptop manufacturing companies, each of them requiring an adapter with a different configuration. They are created according to the power requirements of your laptop. So, there are only a few things one has to keep in mind.
*Voltage- This is what helps laptop derive energy from the source. Hence the voltage configuration of the adapter must be same as your laptop. A voltage too high may overload the laptop circuitry. Low voltage may not complete the battery’s energy requirement at the specified time.
*Amperage- The flow of energy in the laptop is determined by the current. In this case, higher the current, better the performance. So the ampere value may be equal or higher than the laptop’s requirement.
*Connector Type- One obviously needs to tail his laptop to a perfect fit, for charging. There are various connector types available, according to what plugs in best into the laptop
- Cylindrical Connectors- They are also called barrel connectors and appear as hollow, insulated cylinder
- Snap and Lock Connectors- They have 3 to 4 pins enclosed by a thin metal pin. They are mostly used for DC adapters.
- Molex Connector- Many different insulated wires in plastic case, having 3/4/6 terminals.
- USB Connector- This looks like a hollow metal tip with many metal pins. They are most common for smart-phones.
The above information is sufficient for knowing the difference between adapters. So, here’s are some quick steps to follow while looking for a suitable charger for a laptop.
- Every laptop has its model number printed on a sticker placed at the bottom of the laptop. Note the model number.
- If you have found the model number, look inside the battery case or near the charging port on the underside of the laptop for a sticker having its power information. Here shall you find the laptop’s voltage and amperage requirements.
- Search the model number on the internet to see any available adapters showing up. Note that it is very essential that the voltage and the amperage must match the requirements specified on the adapter.
- Look for the connector type. Compare it with your laptop adapter’s connector. They must look somewhat alike.
In many cases, only certain parts of the adapter need to be changed for it to begin functioning well again. Separate components for the adapter are available in such cases. You may make use of the replacement warranty, if it hasn’t expired yet, or order a particular attachment online. Always buy oan riginal laptop battery as replacement warranty only covers original batteries and parts.
Laptop Battery is an essential part for a laptop, that we all know. We can only do our best by handling them with care and ensuring that any mismatched configuration does not screw up the laptop. You may look for many Laptop AC Adapter available online.